The development layout is for illustrative purposes only and is not intended to be scaled or used to indicate specific boundaries.
West Calder is one of the best preserved Roman finds in Scotland, set in the West Lothian countryside is a thriving community located just 4 miles west of Livingston. Home to a number of country parks including the Scottish Wildlife Trust’s LinHouse Glen, as well as The Almondell and Calderwood Country Park, a beautiful 220-acre four star visitor attraction, West Calder is rich with heritage, wide open spaces and friendly towns.
A walk through West Calder village shows housing dating from the mid-20th century, a public library and a high street supported by independent retailers and small local businesses. Take time to stop in one of several cafes for a relaxing coffee or enjoy a meal in one of its many restaurants.
Popular with young visitors is the Five Sisters zoo, located just around the corner from our development, complete with cafeteria, picnic and outdoor play area. Harburn golf course offers a warm welcome to visitors who can enjoy a round of golf on their 18 hole course, also offering a 19th hole for those wishing a thirst quenching drink, light meal or fine dining.
Due to it’s excellent rail and road links, West Calder is easily commutable to both Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Balfour Beatty Homes have carefully selected high quality materials. The specification at Westfield incorporates unique contemporary design, energy efficiency and flexible living space, which all add up to the perfect family home.
- Landscaping to front garden
- 1.8 metre high timber palisade fence to plot boundary (plot specific*)
- External tap
- Patio areas to rear gardens
- Ample power, TV and telephone points are provided throughout each property - consult sales advisor for house type details
- Photovoltaic solar panels to all properties
- Recessed lighting to kitchen and en-suite
- Recessed lighting to bathroom and cloakroom in the Uist housetype
- White switches and sockets
- External lighting
- Shaver point socket to en-suite
- Smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarm fitted
- Extractor fans to all bathrooms and ensuites
Plumbing & Heating
- Gas central heating
- 4 panel pre-finished white doors with chrome finished door furniture
- Paint to walls and ceilings - matt emulsion
- Paint to woodwork - white satin
- Stairs - white painted timber with oak handrails
Bathrooms, En-suites and Cloakrooms
- Contemporary sanitary ware with chrome finish taps
- Shower enclosure
- Chrome towel rail to bathroom and en-suite
- Bath with chrome mixer tap
- Choice of quality wall tiles subject to build stage
- Contemporary choice of fitted kitchen units and worktops with matching upstands and under unit lighting
- Stainless steel sink with contemporary mixer tab
- Integrated gas hob, oven and extractor hood to all housetypes
- Integrated fridge/freezer, dishwasher and wine cooler to the Uist housetype
- Low maintenance white UPVC double glazed windows
- Low maintenance white UPVC soffits and fascias
- Low maintenance white UPVC French doors
- Low maintenance front doors