The historic town of Market Harborough is situated on the River Welland, on the Leicestershire Northamptonshire border, in an area which was once part of Rockingham Forest. Today, this thriving town has a fantastic selection of amenities for modern family living including a wide range of sports and leisure facilities. The town has two Football Clubs, along with its own Hockey, Cricket, Rugy and Athletics Clubs. For golfers, Market Haborough Golf Club to the south of the town offers a delightful 18-hole course which spreads over into the Northamptonshire countryside. Harborough Leisure Centre, just off Northampton Road, features a swimming pool, gym, sports hall and creche. The award winning Welland Park in the heart of the town offers plenty of green open space to enjoy, along with beautiful rose gardens, floodlit tennis courts, a well-equipped playground, and outdoor gym and a skate park.
Bowden Fields is perfectly placed for families, with a great choice of schools in the town. The Ofsted 'Good' rated Little Bowden Primary School is just a third of a mile (approximately 6 minutes' walk) away. Market Harborough Church of England Primary Academy and St Joseph's Catholic Voluntary Academy also cater to primary school pupils, both with Ofsted 'Good' ratings. The Welland Park Academy and the Robert Smyth Academy, also Ofsted 'Good' rated, provide secondary education in the town, along with the independent Brook House college. There is also a wide choice of Pre-schools and Day Nurseries available for families with younger children.
Bowden Fields is ideally situated for easy access to Market Harborough railway station, less than a mile (approximately 18 minutes' walk) from the development and offering a regular service into London St Pancras station in 70 minutes. From here you can also travel north to Leicester (12 minutes), Nottingham (42 minutes) and Sheffield (1 hour 20 minutes). Access to the road network is excellent, with the nearby A6 providing a direct route to Leicester (17 miles north) and Kettering (13 miles south). The A14, M1 and M6 are also all within easy reach. For travelling further afield, Birmingham International Airport is less than an hour's drive away.
For everyday needs, Waitrose, Sainsbury's, Lidl and Aldi Supermarkets are all easily accessible from Bowden Fields. There is also a Tesco Metro and a Co-op in the town centre, along with many high street chains and independent shops. Thorughout the town's many little side streets and quaint courtyards you'll find an array of cafes, restaurants, pubs and bars just waiting to be discovered.
Harborough Indoor Market continues the centuries old tradition of market trading in the heart of the town, with over 60 independent stalls and an antiques market on Sundays. The historical Symington's building in Adam and Eve Street, once a corsetry factory, is home to the town's Museum, Library and Council Offices, along with a cafe and several retail outlets.
Please note: All journey times are approximate, taken from trainline.com and maps.google.com
Balfour Beatty Homes has carefully selected high quality materials. The specification at Bowden Fields incorporates unique contemporary design, energy efficiency and flexible living space, which all add up to the perfect family home.
- Landscaping to front gardens
- 1.8 metre high timber close boarded fencing to rear gardens - unless otherwise stated plot specific*
- Outside tap
- Tarmacadam driveways
- Patio areas to rear gardens
Plumbing and Heating
- Gas central heating
- Ample power points, TV and telephone points are provided throughout each property - please consult our sales advisor for individual housetype detail*
- Recessed lighting to kitchen, bathroom, en-suite and cloakroom
- Door bell
- External lighting
- Extractor fans to all bathrooms and en-suites
- Smoke alarms
- Intruder alarm to Bamburgh, Wentworth, Chatsworth and Osterley housetypes only
- Four panel white doors throughout
- Paint to walls and ceilings matt emulsion
- Paint to woodwork white satin
- Stairs white painted timber with oak handrail
- Wardrobe to bedroom 1 in all housetypes
- Additional wardrobe to bedroom 2 in the Chatsworth and Osterley housetypes only
Bathrooms, En-suite and Cloakrooms
- Stylish sanitary ware with chrome finish taps
- Chrome heated towel rail to bathrooms and en-suites
- Shaver point to all bathrooms and en-suites
- Shower enclosure and tray where applicable*
- Choice of quality wall tiles - subject to build stage*
- Contemporary choice of fitted kitchen units and worktops with matching up-stand*
- Stainless steel sink with modern mixer tap
- Extractor hood
- Integrated appliances included to all housetypes*
- Low maintenance white UPVC double glazed windows
- French doors and i-folds to some housetypes*
- Low maintenance fibre-colour front doors