This sets out Balfour Beatty’s Privacy Notice. It is to be read in conjunction with the Website Terms & Conditions of Use.
This Privacy Notice regulates the use and protection by Balfour Beatty Investments Limited, trading as Balfour Beatty Homes (“Balfour Beatty”) (“We”) of “personal data” you provide to Balfour Beatty when using this Website. Personal data is information which identifies (or which could, with other information that we hold or are likely to hold, identify) a living individual. This Privacy Notice is designed to give a clear explanation of Balfour Beatty's data processing practices. It is to be read in conjunction with the Website Terms & Conditions of Use.
Balfour Beatty Investments Limited is a “controller” under the Data Protection Act 2018 and processes personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) (“GDPR”) (“Data Protection Laws”). For queries on data privacy, please contact Balfour Beatty’s Group Data Protection Officer at Group Data Protection Officer, Balfour Beatty Plc, 5 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London, England, E14 5HU or email@example.com.
Personal Data: We will not collect any personal data about you or individuals accessing this website, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided or where it is necessary for Balfour Beatty to process or hold for the purposes of the goods or services it provides and/or where there is a valid legal basis for doing so. Examples of personal data that you may provide to us when accessing this Website, and which we may collect and process, are:
- Your name
- Your postcode
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
Balfour Beatty will also collect information about your computer, including where available and subject to your consent when prompted on your first visit to our website (via our “Cookie Banner”) your IP address, operating system and browser type and we may share non-personal aggregated statistics about our website visitors’ traffic patterns with authorised partners with a need to know namely, Google Analytics analytics or our authorised nominated web developer suppliers. However, we will not collect, sell or share any information about individual users.
Where We Store Your Personal Data?
All personal data you provide to us via the use of this Website is stored on systems with appropriate technical and organisational security measures and controls located in the United Kingdom, which are sufficient to comply with the requirements under the Data Protection Laws. We will only store your personal data for as long as necessary for Balfour Beatty to process such personal data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with Balfour Beatty’s internal retention policies and procedures (as updated, and made available by Balfour Beatty). The accuracy of the information that we hold about you is important to us. If any of the personal information we hold about you becomes inaccurate or out of date (e.g. a contact/contact information changes), or you object to or wish to restrict us processing it, please inform us as soon as possible using the contact details below, so we can update our records. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website and any transmission is at your own risk.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Use Made of Your Personal Data?
When you register interest online or offline, fill in a ‘Contact Us’ form, Identification Confirmation or complete a property purchase, personal data about you is collected. This personal data will typically include:
a) Identification information such as your title, name, company, employer and other information to verify your information;
b) Contact information such as your address, mobile or telephone number and email address;
We will process your personal data for the purpose of:
a) performing any agreement (as applicable) with you in relation to purchase of a property; or
b) answering and/or responding to your specific enquiry/request for information;
c) sending you direct marketing calls, texts, post or emails on developments, properties, products or services that you may be interested in where you have expressly ‘opted-in’ to this via the ‘Contact Us’ form on the Website;
We will also use your personal data that you provide to us via or in connection with the Website to:
- administer and maintain the Website as necessary;
- conduct internal market research;
- ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for users;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website;
- collect information such as (subject to your chosen cookie and privacy settings on our ‘Cookie Banner’ or as made available by your browser provider) your IP address, operating system and browser type for the purposes of website analytics and sharing of non-personal aggregated statistics about our website visitors’ traffic patterns with authorised partners with a need to know namely, Google Analytics or our authorised nominated web developer suppliers, where you have expressly ‘opted-in’ to this via the ‘Cookie Banner’ on the Website;
- share information strictly as required in connection with any sale, merger, acquisition, disposal, reorganisation or similar change of entity managing website's business.
Unless otherwise agreed with you, We will not use any of your personal data for automated decision-making or profiling.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data?
We will share your personal data with the Balfour Beatty group of companies and, where relevant, our/their professional advisers. Where required by law or regulatory requirement, or where necessary to fulfil our contract with you, we may also share your information with:
i) other companies who provide goods/services to us;
ii) our professional advisers and auditors;
iii) regulators, government departments, law enforcement authorities, and insurance companies;
iv) any relevant ombudsman, dispute resolution body or the courts; and
v) persons in connection with any sale, merger, acquisition, disposal, reorganisation or similar change in the Balfour Beatty business.
We will also share your information with third parties such as sales agents or supplier processors for the purposes of Balfour Beatty responding to your request, keeping you informed about developments on the Website and maintaining and administering the Website. This will include the following subcontractors and/or suppliers who provide services to Balfour Beatty in relation to the Website or developments and properties identified on the Website.
vi) CTI Digital Limited (hosts our website)
vii) Eque2 Limited (provide our internal management information system)
viii) Connells Residential (estate/sales agents appointed by us)
x) where you purchase a property from us, a separate list of sub-contractors/suppliers/manufacturers that may attend your property to carry out work shall be provided at handed over.
Data will be shared with these companies strictly for the purpose stated above and shall not be used by them for any other purpose.
Legal Basis for Processing: Data Protection Laws require that we meet certain conditions before we are allowed to use your personal data as described in this Privacy Notice.
Where Balfour Beatty processes personal data that you have submitted via the Contact Us Form on this Website for the purposes of direct marketing and telephone, post, email and/or text marketing on properties, developments or other products or services We will only conduct this form of processing where you have provided clear consent for Balfour Beatty to this by ‘opting-in’ via the ‘Contact Us’ form and where permitted under the lawful basis under Article 6(a) of the GDPR.
For processing which does not constitute direct marketing, where Balfour Beatty processes personal data which is not ‘sensitive personal data’ or ‘special categories of personal data’ under Data Protection Laws, we rely on a condition known as "legitimate interests" (Article 6 (f) of the GDPR) in order to process your personal data for the above specified purposes. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to process your personal data in relation to your contact details where it is required by us in order to for us to:
- ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for users;
- allow you to participate in interactive features on or via our Website or
- administer and respond to inquiries from you in connection with your use of the Website;
We will ensure that the collection and processing of your personal data:
- is kept to a minimum with regards to the amount of data collected and the extent of any processing;
- will not be overly intrusive to you; and
- will be proportionate in order to meet our legitimate interests, as above.
Right to Object or withdraw consent: If You do not consent or wish to withdraw your consent to Balfour Beatty processing your personal data for the direct marketing purposes set out above you must notify Balfour Beatty at so We can remove you from our mailing lists for direct marketing.
Your rights in relation to your personal data: Under Data Protection Laws you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- right to access your personal data by subject access request;
- right to have your personal data rectified if inaccurate/incomplete;
- right to object to direct marketing;
- to have your data erased or removed, and where the personal data has been made public, that other controllers processing the personal data also erase links to, or copy or replication of, such personal data;
- to restrict the processing of your data;
- of data portability, namely to obtain and reuse your data for your own purposes across different services;
- to not be subjected to automated decision making (including profiling) where it produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you; and
- the right to bring a civil action if there is a breach of the Data Protection Laws.
Contact Us and Complaints: You may contact us in relation to the above rights by contacting Balfour Beatty’s Group Data Protection Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not happy with the way in which your personal data is held or processed by us, or if you are not satisfied with our handling of any request by you in relation to your rights, we would request that you raise a complaint with our Data Protection Officer at the contact details set out above in the first instance, however, you have the right to complain re: data protection matters to the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK's independent body set up to uphold information rights. You can find out more about the ICO on its website (https://ico.org.uk/).
The Website may contain links to other sites which are outside our control and not covered by this policy, the operators of these sites may collect information from you that will be used by them in accordance with their own policy, which may differ from ours.
Changes to this Privacy Notice: This Privacy Notice is correct as at May 2018, however we keep this Privacy Notice under regular review, and we reserve the right to change it at any time on notice to you.
We will contact you to notify you of these changes where:
- we are making substantial changes, or
- where we are doing something with your personal data, which you might not expect based on what we have told you in this Privacy Notice.